I-Profen 600 mg 40 Tablets
A Propionic acid derivative non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that inhibits the prostaglandin synthesis by non-selectively inhibiting COX enzymes thus reducing inflammatory pain and fever.
• Pain and inflammation.
• Postoperative analgesia.
• Dental pain.
Points of interest:
• To reduce stomach upset, take this tablet with food.
• Do not take aspirin for pain relief while using this medication.
• Do not take this medication if you are dehydrated, due to severe vomiting or diarrhea.
• Stop this medication and tell your doctor immediately if you develop swollen ankles, difficulty in breathing, chest pain, black stools or dark vomit.
How to use:
2 tablets every 6 to 8 hours after meals.
• Fluid retention.
• GIT disorders and chronic inflammatory intestinal disease. These conditions may be exacerbated.
• Caution is required prior starting the treatment in patients with hypertension or heart failure. Renal function may deteriorate.
• Elderly at increased risk of GIT bleeding.
• Contraindicated in patients with asthma.
• Contraindicated in patients with peptic ulcer.
• Methotrexate : the excretion of methotrexate is reduced by ibuprofen
• Baclofen : the excretion of baclofen is reduced by ibuprofen
• Tacrolimus : the concomitant used is associated with increased risk of nephrotoxicity .
• Voriconazole or fluconazole: plasma concentrations of ibuprofen increased by voriconazole .
• Aspirin : ibuprofen reduces the antiplatelet effect of aspirin .
How to store:
Keep at room temperature.