Isoptin SR 240Mg 20 Tablet
A non-dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker. It acts on blocking the voltage-dependant calcium channels in the AV node thereby decreasing impulse conduction through the AV node. Hence it lowers the heart rate and myocardial contractility.
• Angina pectoris.
How to store:
Keep at room temperature.
Points of interest:
• Vasodilatory side effects usually subside with continued use.
• Avoid grapefruit juice as it could increase the chance of side effects occurring.
How to use:
As per as direction of doctor.
• Careful dose titration is required in patients with liver disease.
• Monitoring of blood pressure at regular intervals is required.
• Caution should be considered in treatment with statins.
• Contraindicated in patients with aterial fibrillation.
• Alpha-blockers: enhanced hypotensive effect.
• General anesthetics: the hypotensive effect of verapamil is enhanced.
• Dabigatran: plasma concentration of dabigatran is increased.
• Carbamazepine: the effects of carbamazepine is enhanced.