Sevikar 20/5 mg F/C Tabs 28'S
Sevikar contains two active substances called Olmesartan medoxomil and amlodipine (as amlodipine besylate). Both of these substances help to control high blood pressure.
Olmesartan medoxomil belongs to a group of medicines called “angiotensin-II receptor antagonists” which lower blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels.
Amlodipine belongs to a group of substances called “calcium channel blockers”.
Amlodipine stops calcium from moving into the blood vessel wall which stops the blood vessels from tightening thereby also reducing blood pressure.
The actions of both these substances contribute to stopping the tightening of blood vessels, so that blood vessels relax and blood pressure decreases.
Sevikar is used for the treatment of high blood pressure in patients whose blood pressure is not controlled enough with either olmesartan medoxomil or amlodipine alone.
Olmesartan Medoxomil, Amlodipine besylate,,,
Sevikar tablets used to treat:
• Hypertension ( high blood pressure).
How to use:
Dose: Take sevikar tablets as per doctor's directions.
Tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions, especially the following:
• kidney problems
• liver problems
• heart problems
• Excessive vomiting or diarrhoea recently.
• High levels of potassium in your blood.
• Problems with your adrenal glands.
• Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
• Take any dietary supplement.
Side Effect of Sevikar Coated Tablets:
• feeling light-headed, dizzy or faint
• feeling sick (nausea) or vomiting
• unusual tiredness or weakness, fatigue
• sore throat and discomfort when swallowing (pharyngitis)
• Back pain
• swelling of the face, hands, feet or ankles.
Sevikar Coated Tablets and drug -drug interaction:
• Potassium sparing diuretics
• Alpha-1 receptor blockers
• Calcium channel blockers.
• Antifungal drugs such as: azoles.
• Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen.
• Medicines containing Aliskiren.
28 Coted Tablets
Store at room temperature